The District of Tulkarm
Kafr Saba was one of the villages located north of Tel Aviv in an area of heavy Jewish settlement. Leaders from Kafr Saba met with Jewish community leaders as early as December 1947 and that both parties pledged to keep the peace. However, because it was the policy of the Haganah General Staff that the area should be emptied of its Arab residents by 15 May 1948, the Alexandroni Brigade was charged with the capture of Kafr Saba. The town of Kefar Sava founded in 1903 was southwest of the village on the eve of the war. Currently, it has expanded to cover much of the village land. Beyt Berl established in 1947 is on village lands. The village site has been used for the construction of new residential quarters within an industrial area that is part of the settlement of Kafar Sava. Some of the old village houses have survived destruction and are located today within the settlement; a number of them are used as commercial building. The tow shrines, the school, and the ruins of the village cemetery remain.