On the night of 14-15 May, The Palmach's Firest Battalion advanced on Qadas and the neighboring al-Malikiyya. Qadas fell by the morning, but that Lebanese units crossed the border later that day and mounted a large counteroffensive, forcing the Palmach to withdraw from the village. On 28-29 May, the Israelis implemented an elaborate ploy to recapture Qadas and al-Malikiyya. Shortly after the first attack, a neighboring Jewish settlement (Kibbutz Manara) voiced its designs on the village lands and expressed a desire to seize them, indicating that they were "suitable for winter crops". The Kibbutz' which was probably not granted until the time of the second occupation of Qadas, in October. The settlement of Yiftach was built in 1948 to the northeast of the village site. The village land is used by the settlements of Malikiyya founded in 1949, and Ramot Naftali established in 1945. Stones from the destroyed houses are strewn over the fenced-in site.