The settlement of Misgav 'Am was established in 1945 on the northern part of the village lands. Jewish immigrants from Iraq and Yemen established the settlement of Margaliyyot on village land in 1951. The cemetery, the elementary school, and the castle built by the Crusaders remain. The castle as a tourist attraction, and the school is used by Israelis as an agricultural warehouse. The lands in the vicinity are cultivated by the settlers.